For the Love of Lace: What is the Origin of Lace and Its Significant is Femininity?March 22, 2017
Lace garments and clothing embellished with lace accents and trim are definite symbols of femininity in worldwide cultures today and throughout history. Lace can be designed and skillfully used to represent the wearer's innocence, purity or delight in willful naughtiness and a risque lifestyle. During the Victorian era, white lace was used to cover-up bawdy or shady behavior by giving the wearer the look and ambiance of lily white naivety. However, in modern societies, lace of many fabrics, patterns, colors and stylized designs is used to adorn, brighten and enliven clothing of all types. Regardless of whether it is used to enhance formal or casual fashions, lace still embodies the essence of femininity and elegance, whether playful or serious in nature and intent.
Powerful Effects of Different Lace Colors and Styles in Clothing
Different types, styles and colors of lace clothing and garments decorated with lace elicit very different interpretations and responses in the viewer's eye. These varied perceptions and reactions to lace include the following:
- White Lace Dresses. - Pure white lace dresses or dresses created from soft white fabric and trimmed or accentuated with delicate white lace are worn by babies during their christening ceremonies and young brides on their wedding days. Signifying the epitome of youthful innocence and purity, these beautiful garments are often carefully packed away afterward for safe keeping and to be passed along to the next generation in remembrance of past family events.
- Black Lace Garments. - Dress designs in black lace or with black lace accents and accessories are often worn at funerals and following family tragedies to signify periods of mourning. Black lace stockings, however, have long been considered attractive and alluring symbols of flirtation and seduction. Throughout the history of literature, women clad in black lace were often depicted as having mysterious or questionable lifestyles and natures.
- Lace of Many Colors. - Today, clothing that includes lace comes in many colors, patterns and textures. However, the most risque, wild or scandalous color is red. Dresses and other garments of scarlet signify a fiery, turbulent and cunning personality and lifestyle, and a figure clad in brilliant red lace represents bright flames of desire and passion.
By contacting the fashionable and unique Australian brand and boutique, Mazi, owned by fashion designer, Effie Evriniadis, you can make her creative lacy styles your own wardrobe stand-outs and stars. Based in Melbourne, this innovative fashion niche enchants the current specialized, artistic fashion marketplace with layered outfits that celebrate and showcase fine lace fabrics designed to intrigue, entreat and entertain with the many delightful and alluring facets and charms of luxurious lace.
Optimized by NetwizardSEO.com.au
- Qualities that Make Vintage Clothing Style more Feminine and Romantic
- Basic and Classic: Simple Vintage-Inspired Clothing Designs for Regular Occasions
- Why Mazi is the Best Online Shop to Buy Vintage Style Clothes for Women
- Classic Flower Corsages to Complement Your Classic Feminine Look
- Vintage-Style Winter Coats to Make a Wintery, Glamorous Fashion Statement
- Vintage Style Pants and Leggings: Stylish Designs for the Modern Woman
- Handcrafted Cameo Pendant That Brings Glamour to Every Classic Dress Style
- Mazi Styling Solutions: Benefits of Having Classic Dress Choices for the Feminine Woman
- Vintage Style Cardigans that Complement the Classic Dressy Look
- For the Love of Lace: What is the Origin of Lace and Its Significant is Femininity?
- Australian-Made, Classic-Style Dresses and Accessories: Available in Wholesale and Retail Online
- Online Store Sale! Take Advantage of Vintage Style Classic Dresses
- Vintage-Style Slip Dresses: The Casual, Comfy Style for the Most Feminine
- Vintage Style Long-Sleeved Wrap and Tie Waist Dress: What Makes This Style a Popular Choice?